* Former MLS player Ramiro Corrales (I always thought of Ramiro as an undervalued talent in the MLS) has made a move to SK Brann the runner up in Norway's top flight from smaller side Ham Kam. Corrales has established himself as a quality player in Norway football circles.
* Interesting that the Captain of SK Brann is also Captain of Norway's national team - Central Midfielder Martin Andresen. Before you get too excited (and I'm not saying this is the player TFC is looking at- just that he fits Sir Mo's description) consider that a transfer fee would be required for this player. Now if Corrales cost Brann $350,000 (not sure the currency being referenced here) how much would a player like Andresen command?
* Former Kansas City Wizard (played under coach Bob Gansler) and Jamaica National Team player Khari Stephenson has made an apparent $1 million transfer to AIK Stockholm in the Swedish top flight.
* Former highly touted NCAA player and Liberian International defender Chris Gbandi of FC Dallas is also looking to make a move to Scandanavia and will be on trial at IK start in Norway.
* The Columbus Crew and Chicago Fire have lost out on signing Brian McBride as he is apparently set to sign an extension at Fulham on Thursday.
* Columbus revealed they were interested in a striker Michael Chopra. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Chopra (I stand corrected on this one - upon further reading I discovered that Chopra was a Crew target last year and that he signed a deal last summer to play for Cardiff)
* Alexi Lalas claimed in one of the local Los Angeles papers yesterday that the Galaxy are attempting to sign an international player with the allocation money they have acquired. As I reported earlier indications are Eddie Lewis may be returning home from Leeds United. Los Angeles Galaxy Head Coach Frank Yallop was interviewed today on the FAN 590 Sports Radio in Toronto. (scroll down and have a listen) http://www.fan590.com/features/hotaudio.jsp
* If you missed it Grant Wahl at Sports Illustrated conducted a great interview with AEG head honcho Tim Liewike. The Galaxy are in fact changing colours, uniforms, and their logo - a more traditional look is in store. Black and Blue appear to be the colours they are leaning towards. 3 Major Sponsors are negotiating for the right to advertise on the jersey. It will be a strange to see the Galaxy without their Budweiser sponsorship logo on the back - a staple in MLS since its inception.
* Toronto FC Coach and "Director of Soccer Operations" Sir Mo Johnston also appeared on the FAN 590 on Tuesday. (scroll down the list to listen)
* Preki was named Chivas USA coach today. We have to assume that the delay was because Chivas made attempts to sign someone else . Strange that a league that covets and targets the Hispanic audience, has only one current head coach Fernando Clavijo in its coaching ranks of Hispanic descent. Funnier still, the team that was created to represent and highlight the US Hispanic community has never had a Hispanic head coach. That said Preki will do just fine - after all the last coach to takeover a team at this late stage of the "pre" - pre-season was Frank Yallop at San Jose.
* Sad to hear that former US National team keeper David Vanhole passed away this week. Vanhole had served as a goalkeeper coach for New England and various US National team programs recently.
*Aston Villa player Patrick Berger is being linked to a summer MLS move in this article. Looks like every agent in the world will be playing the "offer from America card".