Thursday, January 11, 2007

NEWS: DAVID BECKHAM TO VISIT TORONTO FC AND OTHER TORONTO FC NEWS!

Well the rumours have been flying for so long about Becks - our small MLS world just got a little bigger today. I'm kinda of scared when people like Bob McCowan are positive on our sport for once. It strikes me today how much education MLSE still needs to do today to get people to truly understand what this league is all about.

- The Beckham signing makes the DC United Sale look like a Dollar Store Bargain

- Toronto FC claim the Galaxy will be in Toronto after Beckham arrives

- Quite the incentive for potential owners to want to jump on the bandwagon now I would guess.
- I would think the Canadian television rights fees just went up.

- LA Galaxy Head Coach Frank Yallop on Canadian TV Sportsnet Network just revealed he is extremely excited, and anticipates he will be under the careful eye of tremendous amount of media from around the world. Frank's response - "first thing I'm doing is getting my teeth fixed."

No comments: