Monday, February 19, 2007

TFC SCORE REVISED TO 3-0

When I left for work this morning, Toronto FC had apparently tied the Canadian U-20 Nats 1-1 in a scrimmage over the weekend - this according the official website. By the time I arrived home, the same report had TFC winning that scrimmage 3-0. Its not an official game, so it doesn't really matter either way, but you have to wonder how the heck that happens??? I guess we can somewhat make sense of adding a goal to the score, but how exactly do you take one away from your opponent? I also noticed they referred to Miguel-Maycoll- Mike Campos-Canizalez as a Canadian in the second article. I swear it said he was Salvadoran in the initial release. I had wondered all day if I had the right guy pegged this weekend.

BTW, I did make a mistake in my trivia post yesterday. I had Scott Norwood hailing from Oakville, when in reality it was Steve Christie who hails from Oakville. Thanks to the reader who caught that and brought it to my attention.

No comments: